N900 user testing
Setup: Elisa SIM inserted, set Development (base) as the theme.
- Rotation: OK performance, but consistency is not good always.
- Bottom bar is missing shortcuts (Dialer, SMS, Browser, Camera)
- Battery indicator seems to work, but it's not reliable.
- Network indicator shows 0 signal always, and operator is not shown.
- Top bar menu: layout OK, but it's always in landscape.
- HW lock key works but it takes too long to show lock UI (should be pre-started?)
- Bluetooth is on by default.
- Backlight is constantly on.
- There is 2 icons for Browser
- Basic fiddling with touch is working OK.
- Maximizing/minimizing transitions are OK.
- Sometimes home stops responding for a while (general problem?)
- Dialer colours are horrible with Development theme.
- Making a call with numbers OK.
- Speaker (IHF) is not working during calls.
- Cannot input numbers via keyboard (minor).
- Cannot make a call from call log phone icon (does nothing), pressing name works.
- Receiving call not possible unless Dialer app started.
- Incoming call is only shown in top bar notifications.
- Incoming call dialog is only shown inside the Dialer, not visible in the Handset UI.
- There is no ring tone played while incoming call.
- Making a call from People works, but Dialer is not brought foreground.
- Receiving SMS works, notification is shown in top bar.
- Sending SMS and replying to SMS works.
- No option to send SMS from People (only call).
- No sound heard for incoming SMS.
- Fennec takes over 10 seconds to start.
- After starting up, fennec is not responsive for some time.
- Cannot go to URL pressing HW Enter key (needs VKB).
- Fennec is too slow to use in general.
- WifiApplet shows WLAN networks in black with black background.
- Doesn't notice about shutter door being closed.
- Zooming works with keys and shutter key works.