Inspired by User:Jukkaeklund's page.
I'd like to use the meego@n900 as my primary device. The comments & suggestions here, are based on my subjective definition of this "as my primary device".
Basic questions are:
- Do we have the bugs?
- Is somebody working on the bug?
u-boot with the instruction from ARM/N900/Install/MMC#Installing Rootfs on external MMC card
- Yes, U-boot makes the installation easier. The wiki page is a bit -> No need to flash the kernel. -> Jukka to include the link for the R&D ABC?
- icons on the toolbar are not visible. => https://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12689
- Dialer start up is too slow. (~8 sec). Should be 5 sec at max. => No bug.
- The screen blinks twice before the application windows comes up. Should not happen. => No bug
- The Dialer number buttons slide from the middle as the windows becomes visible.
- The top toolbar is floating. Close button is hidden behind this floating toolbar. Feels strange. => https://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6806
- The default string on the text input field is jammed. It says something like "Enter...", but not entirely readable. => Fixed, great.
- Can make a call, great.
- Does not respond to the End Call immediately. Feels insecure.
- Start up is too slow. (~8 sec). Should be 5 sec at max.
- The screen blanks twice before the application windows comes up. Should not happen.
- Overall usability looked ok. It feels constantly slow, though.
Browser & Fennec
- Currently, Fennec on MeeGo@N900 is unusable.
- 1st tap on the Fennec icon, nothing happens.
- 2nd tap on the Fennec icon, white window appears and disappears.
- 45 seconds before the window appears. => No bug.
- 1 icon for Browser & 1 icon for Fennec is confusing. => No bug.
- Fennec started, but does not respond to my taps. After a while, multiple windows started to pop up. Even the VKB is up.