Inspired by User:Jukkaeklund's page.
I'd like to use the meego@n900 as my primary device. The comments & suggestions here, are based on my subjective definition of this "as my primary device".
- Would like to get rid of the smia_reglist_import message that goes to tty2. - Would like to have the splash screen until the very moment UI comes up. => mcompositor seems to be blacking out the whole display.
My note on the boot-up process.
1) /etc/inittab, 5 is used as the default runlevel.
2) goes to rc.sysinit
3) rc.sysinit calls chvt 2 : switch the foreground terminal to tty2
3) rc.sysinit calls ply-image : splash stuff.
4) rc.sysinit calls /usr/bin/meego-dm (shell)
5) meego-dm calls /usr/sbin/uxlaunch (uxlaunch looks at /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch)
6) uxlaunch starts X and sessions
7) uxlaunch starts the /etc/xdg/autostart/autostart stuff.