(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 19:00, 2 November 2010
Good in 1.1
What went well in the Community Office during 1.1:
- The MeeGo Conference organization! Tangible results in the call for participation and the registration. All big items are solved by now.
- Consolidation of scope and roles in the CO: Dawn @ community management, Quim @ marketing.
- Specialized community channels have helped getting more signal vs noise ratio and collaboration.0.
- I'm personally happy about the Marketing plan.
- 1.1 release was a MeeGo coordinated team effort - with rough edges but much more complex than 1.
Not so good in 1.1
Not so well in 1.1:
Let's blame the neighbors first ;)
- The OSU server ongoing migration tasking so long stopping forum server upgrade, social news, community OBS, Extras...
- TSG having bottlenecks, working groups still not created - community problems due to this.
- Program Office still quite closed, meego-pm not useful yet, roadmapping process, architecture process, UX process... difficult to work openly on items that are related with these teams e.g 1.1 release and 1.2 plans.
- Trademark and compliance are still open, and this has caused problems with neighbor open source projects and some acid in the community.
- Backlog stagnant? It doesn't reflect what are we doing every day.
- Lack of reporting - difficult to discern when a task is not progressing or the progress not being reported.
- It feels like we could be doing better engaging more people in the CO activities. Missing more independents owning tasks effectively. Missing more employees of more companies getting involved.
- Big progress compared to 1.0, but we still spend too much time discussing on the surface - which takes time and attention from the collaboration and engagement in more important topics.
- Dawn has done a great job reminding people that "community" is everybody but still the idea of "the community vs Intel/Nokia" seems to be still prevalent in many teams and areas.
- Disconnect or not clear connection between CO plans and budget/funding may limit our activities.
- Community processes: openness is our most complex problem both for efficient development and marketing. MeeGo needs to excel in order to to succeed. How can the CO help the rest of the project?
- Iron out the CO process with community management / marketing backlogs - or how we organize this.
- Iron out Events process - Amy has done lots but it's still quite ad hoc and linked to Intel/Nokia routines.
- Consolidation of the Media Team: Jennifer Cloer (LF), Suzy Ramirez (Intel), Jennifer Lyons (Nokia) + extended media team to report what is going on in the community channels.
Tasks proposed for 1.2 (not clear whether this is CO or not, Marketing only or more)
- 2010-11 Events plan
- meego.com 1.2 update
- Application developer site
- Community Extras/Surrounds
- MeGo openness meta-bug fixed
- MeeGo Press Kit - Quim Gil
- MeeGo vanilla marketing materials - Randall Arnold
- News and Planet - Henri Bergius?
- MeeGo Conference 2011 plan - Amy Leeland?