Hi there, I work as MeeGo advocate for Nokia. You can follow my activity in identi.ca, Twitter and my (slightly outdated) blog. I'm also following the meego-community, meego-events, meego-handset, meego-sdk and meego-dev mailing lists, plus the #meego and #meego-arm chat rooms. Feedback in any of these channels is welcome!
These are my MeeGo related goals:
- Great MeeGo compatible product from Nokia contributing to the success of Qt and MeeGo: I'm the main link between the Harmattan program developing this product and the MeeGo community, helping on syncing Harmattan open source and community activities with MeeGo (mainly apps and device seeding), and contributing to an appealing and MeeGo friendly marketing plan.
- Fully functional MeeGo Developer Edition for the N900 and whatever Nokia hardware comes next: helping with the plans, the open development & communication and the syncing with the Harmattan program and related Nokia teams. I need to start regular testing but there are so many things to test these days...
In full disclosure, I'm also putting (a lot of) my time pushing these lousy ideas into concrete plans:
- Getting the open source PhoneGap HTML5 framework to support MeeGo/Harmattan, probably through Qt Quick (getting a renewed Symbian support for free). I'm currently trying to connect the dots and have Nokia supporting Nitobi somehow in this effort.
- Helping the Wikimedia Foundation creating a Wikipedia app based on a generic "HTML5" piece of source code that could be easily customized for MeeGo/Harmattan, Symbian... and the rest of mobile platforms too - including at some extent the silent giant Series 40. You can find me in the #wikimedia-mobile IRC channel & the mobile-l, mobile-feedback-l and foundation-l mailing lists there.
- Someone recently said that it would be nice to have Identi.ca accounts integration in MeeGo/Harmattan and I thought it was a nice idea to pursue. An identi.ca app could come out of this. If you are interested, contact me.
If you have an interesting open source project that could end up in the Ovi store and you need some help from Nokia, I should be a good contact for you.