MCTS Test Automation - Workshop on Tuesday November 30th 2010
- Agree the architecture for the system
- Plan the proof-of-concept for the system
Test Automation Phases
Divided into phases based on MCTS test automation priorities.
- Phase 1:
- External Device Verification
- Target: Provide support to attach external devices into test automation environment and control within test runs.
- Phase 2:
- Peer DUT Verification
- Target: Provide support to attach multiple DUTs into test automation environment and interaction between DUTs.
External Device Verification
Design Option 1
Control of the devices is modelled on test plan level. Test plan XML defines, for which device the command is targeted to.
- Rework is needed for the current test asset.
- Execution of test asset depends on testrunner-lite and test plan XML. Is it needed to execute test binaries standalone?
- Test case doesn't have the ability to control the devices. Is it a problem?
Design Option 2
Test plan XML doesn't take account to the environment. Test binaries have the control to the external devices.
- Some modification needed in test asset
- More work needed on test tools side
- Test case can control external devices
- Execution doesn't depend neither on test plan XML nor testrunner-lite
- Control of the system is both on host and target side
Design Option 3
Combination of Option 1 and Option 2 or something else?
- Test automation environment relies on IP over USB and SSH connection. How to handle USB test cases?
- Where to check capabilities of the system before test run?