Hands On: Setting up your workshop
- An OBS account on either build.meego.com or cbuild.meego.com (use your meego.com login) or on your own OBS with MeeGo release(s) imported.
- These tools installed on your development machine:
- Spectacle, autospectacle (on gitorious)
- Standard development tools (git, wget, svn, make, diff, patch, rsync, ssh, dd, gdb)
- A graphical web browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc..)
You might need:
- For local OBS builds, something supporting SSSE3 instructions (this applies for ARM builds too)
- qemu-arm installed, vdso=0
.. tools to grab images/releases?
.. zypper instructions
.. proxy instructions, NAT wlan
Theory: Stuff which will make life easier, engage, and profit properly understood
I suggest including the following:
- Background of the user-space and middle ware stack used to power
layers that build on it. The inter-relationships, examples for processes and
events etc (dbus, dsme etc)
- Breakdown to subsystems: Have a section per each one, links to
read about the architecture, libs it uses, important bugs for triage
and fix, where offline development discussions happen, low hanging fruits
for people wanting to become platform hackers.
- Background for the UI parts and follow the same breakdown as for (2) ??
- Each component resulting in a binary should have a links to the proper documentation for it.