(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 19:17, 11 August 2011
IRC Chatter is a lightweight, touch-friendly IRC client aimed at MeeGo and Harmattan. IRC Chatter is based on Qt, QML, and its backend uses libircclient-qt.
See you at #irc-chatter on Freenode!
Useful links for hacking
- Ability to connect to multiple IRC servers
- Packaging, icon, .desktop file
- Autocompletion order based on last message order
- Fixing of known issues... ;)
Is there a feature you want? Put it on our wishlist!
- automatic url parsing to visualise thumbnails or url clicker buttons (finger friendly) etc
Features already there
- Decent and shiny GUI
- Usable in portrait mode too (with virtual keyboard)
Known issues, limitations
Work is being done to eliminate these.
- Lacking an appropriate configuration GUI, currently the client is hardcoded to connect to the Freenode network with the nickname "Your_Nick_Here"
- Settings GUI is not working at all
- Disconnections are not detected
- Can't reconnect after disconnect
- Can't display CTCP actions (/me)
- /commands don't work
- Parting a channel or closing a query MAY result in a segfault
- Autoscrolling issues when opening/hiding VKB or chaning orientation
- Autoscrolling fails when last message is longer than 1 line
- No text selection
- Links not highlighted