The current list of wiki sysops is:
The current list is also available here
What is a sysop?
Sysop stands for "system operator". Sysops may do a number of things which users with the default privileges cannot, including:
- Delete pages, and restore deleted pages
- Revert edits, wiping them from the page history
- Make dumps of sets of wiki pages, and import dumps from outside the wiki
- Access a number of special pages which are restricted, giving information about the wiki users
- Protect and unprotect pages, preventing users from editing them by default
- Blocking or unblocking users or IP addresses from editing the wiki
In addition the special category of user called bureaucrats can grant extra rights to users and make them into sysops (and revoke sysop permissions if they are abused).
All other wiki gardening activities can be done by a user with normal default privileges, including editing pages, marking them for deletion or merging, organising the wiki with categories, or renaming pages to respect the wiki naming conventions and contribution guidelines.
Becoming a sysop
The process for becoming a sysop is very simple:
- After participating in wiki gardening activities for a while, you may be invited to become a sysop by the existing team (one of whom will file a community processes bug to record who invited whom).
- You may ask to become a sysop by filing a bug under the Community Processes product, explaining why you feel you need the extra permissions. The team will discuss your request and let you know quickly whether the extra permissions will be given.
- Please do not request sysop access if you have not already been actively participating in wiki gardening for a couple of months.